Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Using SonicPics App

I tried out the SonicPics App yesterday.  It is an app that allows you to add pictures to create a slide show with audio.  You can add a title and description for each photo.  They do not stand out, but appear nicely in the slideshow, if used.

This is what I did at home with my little Kindergartener at home.

Plan out the project:
-Take pictures-My daughter is learning about patterns in kindergarten.  We decided to look for patterns around the house.   I handed over the iPhone and let my daughter take a few pictures.  Then we decided it would be fun to make our own pattern and take a photo of it.
-Add pictures to SonicPics- Select the pictures in the order you would like them to appear.  I have not found a way to reorder pictures.
-Practice-We talked about what she wanted to share with everyone about patterns. I gave her time to scroll through the photos we added in SonicPics and practice.
-Record Audio- My daughter pressed the record button and explained the patterns she saw.
-Share- Save your work to the iPhone/iPad library, YouTube, e-mail, or send it to your computer.

Here the SonicPics Slide Show/Video we made with the pictures we gathered last night.




No comments:

Post a Comment